March 19, 2007

hola

hey everyone,
sorry we have not updated teh blog in awhile. We are currently in field based training in two seperate spots and things are going pretty well....sorry if spelling and punctuation are pretty bad in this blog the computer i am using isn´t the best and i don´t want to go back and fix all the keystrokes the keyboard misses.
the host famliy thing is going better this time as i am accustomed to it now, the first day here was a little tough as there were about 30 people in the house on weekends (i got here sunday at noon), but weekdays it is just me and the host mom and an assortment of relatives whom i have not yet identified and don´t live in the house. the host dad apparently works far away ans statys there all week. the food is pretty good too as i am getting used to it and the family sells meat out of there house on weekends along with nacatamales which are some sort of gigantic tamale. I will take pictures of the housesome day when everyone is gone and post them. we surveyed some today and it was good we did a whole survey with an abney level, and i think it will turn out ok. there were 5 of us and two locals to help with cutting stakes. and it was mostly just a test run on making folks familiar with surveying here, there will be a volunteer stationed here that will finish the survey and hopefully build a water system for some pretty rural houses. it was nice to see an old lady who was really glad to see us surveying because right now her family has to haul water quite a ways to there home. I talked to annie on thew phone and she seems to have a pretty good setup with her new host family, i will let her blog about it when she gets time.

hasta luego,
Luke

3 comments:

joshshow said...

Hola Luke, I'm glad to hear that your host family is suitable, though it sounds hectic! I’m sure surveying with an abney level is pretty interesting! At least your doing something you know a little about. I hope your time apart from annie goes quick, even if you get to see each other on the weekends, I’m sure its just much easier to have Annie around to help with the espanol, but it will help you out a lot being apart. I’m sure you probably heard that both M-P and IMS were in the state championship games, which was extremely exciting! A lot of those guys are my good friends and it was cool seeing them play right before us in the finals. Even though we both lost, both close games, it was a great experience! I hope training is going well! I can’t wait to come down and hang out with you next summer (you will have to help me with my Mexican speaking) don’t tell Annie haha. Well anyways I hope your comfortable and everything goes well! I hope to hear from you soon! Love Josh

Unknown said...

Surveying with an abney level, eh? One time I tried surveying with my intelligence level...it did not work out. (I had to look up what an abney level on the internet.)

I hope you're trying hard to learn Spanish! Now's your chance to learn as many off-color jokes as you can while you are away from Annie. They will then surprise and entertain your new friends...then you could tell them to the parrot too. That's righ, I haven't forgotten the parrot yet.

Take care,

Jarod

Tyson said...

Hola,

Como my socks instead? Good to hear all is going well with you guys! I like to randomly see what you've been up to on this thing, and I've come to one conclusion: You are using your degree to bring large words into play that nobody knows about! Very well done, I think thats what the college experience is all about! Best of luck as you continue everything. Rachel and I are getting wedding plans in order and very much wish you could be a part of it! We'll throw an abney level up front in remembrance for ya! See ya dude

Tyson